Alan & Anne Vorenberg
The historic village of Galisteo settled in 1614 in located 30 minutes from Santa Fe and one hour from Albuquerque. Today, it is a traditional village with country residents, numerous art studios and large, private horse and cattle ranches. Just outside lies Track 7, 184 acres accessed from McKee Road off the Northside of Camino de Abuelos. It is a particularly special piece land in that its' southern boundary rises to the top of the Galisteo hogback. The land below yields scattered potshards, occasional pictographs and numerous building sites on the North Slope. Meandering, red earth arroyos are filled with cottonwood trees, tamarisk, natural grasses, plants, chamisa, sage and cactuses. An old abandoned windmill blowing in the wind, knows untold stories of cowboys from long ago. Telescopic views include magnificent royal blue skies, sunsets, billowing clouds, the distant Galisteo Basin, Cerro Pelon, the Ortiz and Sangre de Cristo mountains. Wildlife abounds with deer, bobcats, quail, ravens and hawks... Utilities include underground electricity, telephone and a shared well. Much of the property is fenced.
Santa Fe Properties